For certain reasons, not all of our vacancies are openly advertised and therefore please contact us directly to enquire about our current opportunities. Furthermore, if you do not see a suitable role for yourself, please get in touch as we are happy to discuss a proactive approach and if appropriate, speak to carefully selected clients on your behalf to assess if they have relevant openings.
Our client is a privately-owned group of companies engaged in both distribution and manufacture of chemical materials with an international sales network covering Europe, North America and Asia Pacific. The company has achieved a substantial revenue increase as a result of organic growth and acquisitions, reaching global sales of circa €721 Million in 2020 with around 975 employees.
• Part of the external Sales Team.
• Responsible for defined group of customers, including further business development.
• Solution orientated Sales (value added sales / Consultant) with regards to product application and technical solutions of customer requirements.
• Sales of company’s product portfolio with applications within the Food & Feed industry.
• Profitable growth of customers responsible for.
• Decision on price based on Cost-price from Product Manager.
• Customer visits.
• Direct Sales.
• Customer Portfolio Management (Costs / Benefit, Potential Analysis).
• Gaining new customers by region.
• Gaining new customers by application.
• Active Sales of product portfolio to customers responsible for.
• Set up contacts, prospective and existing customers in CRM system.
• Creation and follow-up of quotations (including calculation, relevant datasheets).
• Communication with customers regarding price and product changes, inquiries.
• Annual planning and strategy for own area responsible for in collaboration with Managing Director.
• Maintenance and extension of existing customer relationships (visits, calls, mails etc.).
• Consistent approach to new contacts in the marketplace and acquisition of those.
• Update Customer Demand planning in collaboration with SCS.
• Independent travel arrangements to customers.
• Consistent maintenance of CRM system: Contacts, Visit reports, Classification (A,B,C), etc.
• Regular evaluation and assessment of customers in CRM and BI.
• Price decision and if applicable post calculation.
• Close collaboration with Customer Service.
• Close collaboration with Product Manager with regards to Pricing, Quantity and Quality.
• Follow-up on Samples and Quotations.
• Customer contact in case of late payments and payment reminders.
• Regular observation and valuation of the marketplace and competitors.
• Continuous extension of specific Industry knowledge (Literature, Exhibitions, Associations, Networks).
• Continuous adoption of product and application knowledge with support of Product Management.
• Support Product Manager actively for supplier reporting and frame contract negotiations.
• Price Management (calculation and change of pricing, sales conditions etc.).
• Permanent reflection and enhancement of procedures, tools and personal abilities.
KPI’s / Objectives:
• Operational Result within the country.
• Profit / Margin Contribution from assigned Customers.
• Customer satisfaction.
• Quality of customers (Profitability, Growth etc.).
• Commercial or technical / chemical education.
• Food & Feed Markets and Product Knowledge.
• Sales experience in the field.
• Development of relationships (soft skills).
• Sales skills.
• Entrepreneurial Spirit and Behaviour.
• Negotiations and Communication skills.
• Self-confident manner.
• Persistence / Stamina.
• Knowledge of competitors (national, international).
For further details or for an initial confidential telephone discussion please contact
Peter Smukowski on 0044 1789 266 660 / 0044 7718 346 204 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org