For certain reasons, not all of our vacancies are openly advertised and therefore please contact us directly to enquire about our current opportunities. Furthermore, if you do not see a suitable role for yourself, please get in touch as we are happy to discuss a proactive approach and if appropriate, speak to carefully selected clients on your behalf to assess if they have relevant openings.
Our client is a multinational Masterbatch leader with multiple sites located in various countries across the globe. The company offers the broadest range of custom color, special effect, black, white and specialty additive Masterbatch for molding and a multitude of other processes and applications.
• Under the supervision of the Business Strategic Manager, the Market Development Manager (MDM) is responsible for being the main interface with assigned Major Development Account's central contact partners. The employee plays the same role internally with Regional Sales managers and Sales Executives involved in this local customer management.
• The MDM is responsible for evaluating the best growth strategy with assigned accounts as well as establishing and maintaining a successful and business effective relationship with them.
• The MDM ensures the effective management of account activity by driving the coordinated execution of this account strategy and by directing the selling efforts to achieve planned sales, revenue, profit and other goals for the assigned accounts.
• The MDM is also in charge for the prospection and development of new Major Development Accounts. He / she develops new business relationship within the prospect organization and, develops and proposes the strategy to gain business.
• Besides the customer specific management role, the Market Development Manager supports the Business Strategic Manager in the multi angles business segment strategy deployment in close cooperation with Sales and Technical teams (segment dynamics, product & service's innovation, product management, indirect marketing).
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Works with the Business Strategic Manager, the Business and Development Director and the Sales Director to develop a comprehensive strategy regarding pricing, forecasts, and corporate resources needed to maximize share and increase penetration at designated development of major accounts.
• Develops and proposes customer's specific master plans and related set of actions.
• Implements and frequently reviews after approval the actual progress against medium term plan & short term (budget & profitability) goals.
• Recommends corrective actions when needed.
• Drives the proper coordinated execution of this agreed strategy, coordinates with the sales forces dealing with related sites the development of annual sales goals (budget) and objectives along with specific sales strategies to meet or exceed master plan goals.
• Establishes relationships and business conditions with the headquarters, the key plant locations, R&D centers as deemed necessary to understand, to develop also by gaining insight into potential future business, to secure the service and business at these accounts.
• Ensures proper communication flow with regards to the developments of major account's activities.
• Prospects new major accounts within the defined strategy, develops business relationship within the organization as deemed necessary to understand, to develop also by gaining insight into potential future business and develops business at these new accounts.
• Handles, with respective sales and technical teams, all relevant complaints if (or potentially) escalated to lead buyer or possibly impacting the business conditions.
• Maintains awareness of market and competitive activities within designated environment and disseminates the information appropriately throughout the organization.
• Performs all other additional projects and duties as assigned by management.
• Master’s degree in Economics, Marketing or Chemistry.
• Significant experience in similar area.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Analytical mind.
• Prospections capabilities.
• Strong management skills.
• Fluent in English and Arabic, another language is an asset.
• Computer literate (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
• Willing to travel.
Our client is a multinational Masterbatch leader with multiple manufacturing sites located across the globe. The company offers a broad range of color, black, white and specialty additive Masterbatch for all relevant plastic processing methods.
Responsible for direct customer contact and developing and implementing sales plans and strategies to meet sales goals. Activities include developing and maintaining effective relationships with corporate partners, attending to the unique needs and interests of these clients, preparing sales plans for them and making recommendations for improvements, and generating new clients to grow company revenue.
• Assist the Regional Sales Manager Northern Europe with formulating the annual sales budget for designated territory and action plans that will result in the achievement of the territory objectives.
• Work closely with Customer Service, Technical Service and all pertinent personnel to ensure that the business plans of the territory are implemented and executed.
• Coordinate activities of Customer Service, Technical Service and all pertinent company’s personnel to ensure that the overall handling of the customer’s needs is competitive and timely.
• Know customer products and process capabilities, key contact, previous sales results and products purchased for all accounts in the territory to allow value-added selling.
• Work closely with technical and manufacturing departments to identify requirements and recommend changes needed to better service accounts.
• Explore niche opportunities to grow the business.
• Update computer database (CRM) and effectively communicate progress.
• Accurately and timely completion of administrative duties which include: weekly call reports, expense reports, update personal records, update four-week sales call itinerary, and weekly status report.
• Advise Regional Sales Manager of industry trends, current resin pricing, competitive activity and all other pertinent intelligence.
• Review all product returns and / or rejections by customers and determine reasons for the return and give accordingly recommendations to the Regional Sales Manager Northern Europe.
• Apply pricing policies established by the Sales Management and maintain special pricing within these guidelines according to product, quantity and customer considerations.
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
Scope of position:
Education / Experience:
• Bachelor / Master’s degree or equivalent experience.
• At least 5 years’ experience in the Plastic’s Market (Masterbatch / Plastics Distribution).
Hard & Soft Skills:
• Strong interpersonal, communication, follow-up and organizational skills.
• Good technical and product knowledge.
• Master of various selling techniques.
• The Sales Executive maintains a strict confidentiality regarding the files and any other information related to the business.
• The Sales Executive has the ability to significantly increase / decrease the territory base.
• Positive impact can be felt by the application of management skills to expand territory revenues beyond current goals. Negative impact can lose market share by miss-applications or poor judgments in managing the accounts in the territory.
Our client is a globally operating trading and distribution company, active on all continents, with headquarters in Hamburg, Germany. In close collaboration with leading international manufactures, the company offers a broad and comprehensive portfolio of chemicals and natural raw materials. The success of the company is based on excellent, long-term partnerships with customers and suppliers.
Our client is seeking to recruit an ambitious, structured and persistent Sales Manager, to form the basis for further expansion in Poland. This is a unique opportunity for the right person to become an instrumental part of expansion strategy within Central Eastern Europe and to join a dynamic team with ambitious goals and an exceptional growth rate achieved in the last few years.
• Responsible for existing customer accounts in defined regional territory and markets.
• Responsible for growth of customer base through winning of new customers.
• Solution orientated sales of products to meet individual customer requirements.
• Sales of company’s product portfolio to customers.
• Profitable growth of customers.
• Regular Customer visits in line with agreed KPI’s.
• Customer Portfolio Management (Costs/Benefit, Potential Analysis).
• Reporting to Head of Sales on agreed performance objectives.
• Close collaboration with Product Manager to increase sales of products in line with strategic objectives.
• Gaining new customers in the agreed territory.
• Sales of defined product combinations to defined markets.
• Active Sales of product portfolio to customers.
• Set up and management of customer information within CRM system.
• Creation and follow-up of quotations.
• Communication with customers regarding price and product changes, inquiries.
• Monthly customer visit planning in collaboration with Head of Sales.
• Maintenance and extension of existing customer relationships (visits, calls, mails etc.).
• Update Customer Demand planning in collaboration with Supply Chain Manager.
• Independent travel arrangements to customers.
• Consistent maintenance of CRM system: Contacts, Visit reports, Classification (A,B,C), etc.
• Regular evaluation and assessment of customers using CRM and Cognos business information tool.
• Price decision for customer accounts in line with business’ strategic objectives.
• Close collaboration with Customer Service Executives with regards to operational issues (payment, orders, deliveries, logistics etc).
• Close collaboration with Product Manager and Supply chain manager with regards to commercial, supply and technical issues.
• Follow-up on Samples and Quotations.
• Customer contact in case of late payments and payment reminders.
• Regular observation and valuation of the market place and competitors.
• Continuous extension of specific Industry knowledge (Literature, Exhibitions, Associations, Networks).
• Continuous adoption of product and application knowledge with support of Product Management.
• Support Product Manager actively for supplier reporting and frame contract negotiations.
• Price Management (calculation and change of pricing, sales conditions etc.).
• Permanent reflection and enhancement of procedures, tools and personal abilities.
• Excellent communication skills at all levels with colleagues, customers and principals.
• Understanding of Building, Paints, Coatings markets.
• Chemical raw material technical knowledge is advantageous.
• Home based typically visiting customers predominately in Poland and surrounding neighbourhood countries 3 days per week.
• Minimum of 3 years field sales experience.
• Proven track record in developing and maintaining customer relationships.
• Sales negotiation experience.
• Self-motivation, Entrepreneurial spirit and behaviour.
• Computer literacy (Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook).