For certain reasons, not all of our vacancies are openly advertised and therefore please contact us directly to enquire about our current opportunities. Furthermore, if you do not see a suitable role for yourself, please get in touch as we are happy to discuss a proactive approach and if appropriate, speak to carefully selected clients on your behalf to assess if they have relevant openings.
Our client is looking for a (Key) Account Manager for the region Northern Germany for their sales team – focus on engineering plastics. With passion and sales drive, you will lead the way and work with the team to expand your customer base. You are flexible, think innovatively and act proactively with a pronounced customer orientation.
• You are responsible for initiating sales transactions for the entire product range, with a focus on engineering plastics.
• You support existing customers and increase sales by consistently acquiring new customers (automotive / non-automotive).
• You methodically improve the quality of the strategic processing of key accounts by securing and expanding sales and contribution margins.
• You are the first point of contact for customers regarding availability, technical features and prices.
• You work closely with the office staff.
• You create and track the annual budget.
• You have a technical education in the field of plastics.
• You have several years of sales experience in the plastics industry and as Key Account Manager Automotive.
• You have a confident, customer- and result-oriented personality with entrepreneurial spirit, as well as a high level of decision-making power and a high degree of sense of responsibility.
• You have above-average commitment and flexibility.
• You like to travel and have a high service orientation towards customers.
• You have very good written and spoken knowledge of German and English.
• You are familiar with the MS-Office applications.
• You live in the region Northern Germany.
Our client is a multinational Masterbatch leader with multiple sites located in various countries across the globe. The company offers the broadest range of custom color, special effect, black, white and specialty additive Masterbatch for molding and a multitude of other processes and applications.
• Under the supervision of the Business Strategic Manager, the Market Development Manager (MDM) is responsible for being the main interface with assigned Major Development Account's central contact partners. The employee plays the same role internally with Regional Sales managers and Sales Executives involved in this local customer management.
• The MDM is responsible for evaluating the best growth strategy with assigned accounts as well as establishing and maintaining a successful and business effective relationship with them.
• The MDM ensures the effective management of account activity by driving the coordinated execution of this account strategy and by directing the selling efforts to achieve planned sales, revenue, profit and other goals for the assigned accounts.
• The MDM is also in charge for the prospection and development of new Major Development Accounts. He / She develops new business relationship within the prospect organization and, develops and proposes the strategy to gain business.
• Besides the customer specific management role, the Market Development Manager supports the Business Strategic Manager in the multi angles business segment strategy deployment in close cooperation with Sales and Technical teams (segment dynamics, product & service's innovation, product management, indirect marketing).
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Works with the Business Strategic Manager, the Business and Development Director and the Sales Director to develop a comprehensive strategy regarding pricing, forecasts, and corporate resources needed to maximize share and increase penetration at designated development of major accounts.
• Develops and proposes customer's specific master plans and related set of actions.
• Implements and frequently reviews after approval the actual progress against medium term plan & short term (budget & profitability) goals.
• Recommends corrective actions when needed.
• Drives the proper coordinated execution of this agreed strategy, coordinates with the sales forces dealing with related sites the development of annual sales goals (budget) and objectives along with specific sales strategies to meet or exceed master plan goals.
• Establishes relationships and business conditions with the headquarters, the key plant locations, R&D centers as deemed necessary to understand, to develop also by gaining insight into potential future business, to secure the service and business at these accounts.
• Ensures proper communication flow with regards to the developments of major account's activities.
• Prospects new major accounts within the defined strategy, develops business relationship within the organization as deemed necessary to understand, to develop also by gaining insight into potential future business and develops business at these new accounts.
• Handles, with respective sales and technical teams, all relevant complaints if (or potentially) escalated to lead buyer or possibly impacting the business conditions.
• Maintains awareness of market and competitive activities within designated environment and disseminates the information appropriately throughout the organization.
• Performs all other additional projects and duties as assigned by management.
• Master’s degree in Economics, Marketing or Chemistry.
• Significant experience in similar area.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Analytical mind.
• Prospections capabilities.
• Strong management skills.
• Fluent in English, another language is an asset.
• Computer literate (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
• Willing to travel.
The Market Development Manager maintains a strict confidentiality regarding the files and any other information related to the business.
The MDM works to achieve operational targets with significant impact on departmental results. Works independently under limited supervision. May be responsible for entire projects or processes within job area.