For certain reasons, not all of our vacancies are openly advertised and therefore please contact us directly to enquire about our current opportunities. Furthermore, if you do not see a suitable role for yourself, please get in touch as we are happy to discuss a proactive approach and if appropriate, speak to carefully selected clients on your behalf to assess if they have relevant openings.
Our client is an established and innovative manufacturer of customer-specific soft thermoplastic compounds and color masterbatches for the plastics industry. The company offers individual material solutions and the best service for customers. Their corporate culture is characterized by the high esteem and independence of all employees as well as a collegial management style.
• Collaboration on innovative developments of TPE compounds from laboratory scale to production.
• Planning, management and technical support of customer development projects.
• Close collaboration with the areas of analytics, purchasing, production, product safety, quality and distribution.
• Independent planning, implementation, assessment and documentation of laboratory work.
• Accompaniment of initial material trials and problem solving in the area of injection molding and extrusion with customers.
• Collaboration with existing and new raw material suppliers.
• Selection and analysis of new raw materials for TPE compounds.
• Completed studies in the fields of plastics or process engineering or similar. Alternatively, completed technical training with further job experience to become a technician or engineer with several years of professional experience in the field of plastics processing.
• Plastics extrusion and/or injection molding experience.
• Experience in plastic compounding, ideally thermoplastic elastomers, would be an advantage.
• Ability to work independently, strong communication skills and a strong sense of responsibility.
• Fluency in written and spoken German and English.
• Willingness to visit customers in Germany and other European countries.
The Application Development & Technical Service Engineer is a field based technical resource and project manager with high level of plastic material process experience. They are responsible for the selection of the proper engineered thermoplastic compound to meet the requirements of our customer’s application. They are also responsible for supporting customers with mould and part design, troubleshooting of any processing issues at the customer and conducting moulding trials for new applications. The Application Development & Technical Service Engineer is the point person to manage the investigation and document any material issues back to the appropriate departments / manufacturing sites. This is a position that requires a significant amount of interaction with customers, Sales Engineers and Product Development Engineers. This position requires frequent travel to visit customers. Prior experience in thermoplastic compound product development and/or sales is desirable. This position will report directly to the European R&D Manager.
Responsible for ensuring the effective management of development projects within the assigned sales territory.
Engages with Product and Market teams on the introduction of new technologies and deployment of new technologies to customers and potential customers.
Understands the critical material and design requirements needed for plastic to perform successfully in the intended application.
Ability to interpret material specifications and part drawings and make recommendations for gating, venting, wall thickness and other design criteria to develop a final production plastic part.
Interpret product data sheets and translate information to part performance.
Support the Sales Engineers by traveling with them to support activities at customer locations and to conduct moulding trials for new applications and sampling. This also includes trouble shooting existing customer parts when issues arise.
Field and respond to telephone calls and e-mails from customers, Sales Engineers and Product Development Engineers.
Participate in technical reviews, presentations and process trials at customer facilities.
Consult with co-workers and other experts within the industry to facilitate RTPs’ ability to provide our customers with the best total solution for their application.
Must possess good communication and presentation skills.
Individual must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
Individual must stay informed of developing technologies and intellectual property relating to engineered thermoplastic compounds.
Bachelor’s degree in related Science or Engineering field or an equivalent combination of training and work-related experience required.
Minimum of 5 years related working experience is required.
Strong organizational skills, familiarity with plastic part design and manufacturing.
Practical and common-sense approach to processing/manufacturing required.
Experience with a wide range of thermoplastic polymer properties and processing. This role focuses on the injection moulding process but experience with blow moulding and extrusion process is a plus.
Must be able to conduct and summarize impartial and non-biased investigations.
Must have a comfort level working in a fast-paced Sales and Technical environment.
Must possess excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
Must be proficient with Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook.
Excellent problem-solving skills.
Strong work ethic.
Works well with others.
Ability to read, write and speak English and Polish; German language would be a strong asset.
Physical / Environmental Demands:
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand for long periods of time. Specific vision abilities may require close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The individual must be willing and able to frequently travel.
For further details or for an initial confidential telephone discussion please contact
Peter Smukowski on 0044 1789 266 660 / 0044 7718 346 204 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org