For certain reasons, not all of our vacancies are openly advertised and therefore please contact us directly to enquire about our current opportunities. Furthermore, if you do not see a suitable role for yourself, please get in touch as we are happy to discuss a proactive approach and if appropriate, speak to carefully selected clients on your behalf to assess if they have relevant openings.
AREAS OF ASSIGNMENT:
Our client is a globally operating trading and distribution company, active on all continents, with headquarters in Hamburg, Germany. In close collaboration with leading international manufactures, the company offers a broad and comprehensive portfolio of chemicals and natural raw materials. The success of the company is based on excellent, long-term partnerships with customers and suppliers.
The company is seeking to recruit an ambitious, structured and persistent Technical Sales Manager (CASE), to form the basis for future expansion within Central-Eastern Europe. This is a unique opportunity for the right person to become an instrumental part of the CEE roll-out strategy and to join a dynamic team with ambitious goals and an exceptional growth rate achieved in the last two years.
The company has been operating for over 100 years, yet their CEE representative office is a very young company in the region. While already achieving a steady and healthy growth record, this endeavour continues to create virtually unlimited opportunities for an accelerated career progression with a tangible prospect of becoming a member of the local management structures.
KPI’s / Objectives:
Purpose of the function:
• Responsible for the Marketing EMEA for the segment of Polymer Systems. This position ensures an expansion of business securing a substantial and sustainable profitable development of the market segment. To strengthen and expand the market position of the company in the polymer industry in EMEA.
• Design and execution of short to mid-term strategies to expand currently served diverse markets and to unravel additional profitable markets to guarantee the competitive advantage.
• This position constitutes an EMEA responsibility for the coordination and management of market-driven business strategies. The required R&D, Process Development, Safety & Health, Quality & Complaint Management and Sales functions have to be coordinated and guided according to the global strategy set by the VP Global Marketing for Specialty Carbon Black.
• The Technical Market Managers for Polymer Systems EMEA report directly to this function.
• Regional responsibility to develop, implement and control the overall marketing strategy (incl. innovation, IP, product and regional strategies) for the Market Segment Polymer Systems in EMEA.
• Responsible for dedicated global key accounts (targets, strategies, sales and profit development), Key Account Coordinator for selected customers.
• Controlling actual business development (contribution margin, sales volume); initiating strategic actions and tactics to achieve the targets in time.
• Representing company and products externally (customers, associations, conferences, etc.).
• Initiating and compiling content of promotional material, websites and other communication tools.
• Monitoring relevant trends and gather market intelligence globally both at customer, competitor and legislation level; identification and strategic pursuance of novel profitable business opportunities for the Carbon Black product portfolio; fostering existing products in so far untapped applications, new product innovations in existing and/or new applications.
• EMEA responsibility for product launch processes, i.e. identification of target customers, preparation of a pricing strategy and required promotional activities, coordination of involved departments (Production, Sales, TMM, etc.).
• Complete responsibility for the Technical Market Manager incl. target agreements, prioritization of technical efforts, coordinate their approach to our business strategy.
• Push the project management within Polymer Systems in EMEA according to the global strategy.
Our client is a multinational Masterbatch leader with multiple manufacturing sites located across the globe. The company offers a broad range of color, black, white and specialty additive Masterbatch for all relevant plastic processing methods.
• Develop strategies, formulate sales forecasts and action plans for the development of new business opportunities, aimed at achieving the assigned budget objectives and the continuous growth of the group.
• Frequently visit the assigned clients, follow the developments resulting from the visits by interfacing constructively with different company functions.
• Fill in the visit reports and the monthly reports.
• Review the sales plan on a monthly basis, analyze budget deviations, identify problem areas and plan corrective actions when necessary.
• Continuous updates regarding new sales techniques and new products.
• Diploma or degree in chemistry preferably with specialization in the field of plastic materials.
• Basic knowledge of the Plastic industry (extrusion, film, molding).
• Minimum 5-year sales experience in the plastics industry.
• Attitude to teamwork in pursuing common goals.
• Good communication and business skills.
• Strong motivation and ability to share knowledge.
• Sensitivity to the protection of safety, quality and the environment.
• Computer skills (Windows office package, JDE / ORACLE or SAP).
• Native / fluent Turkish, good knowledge of English.
• Availability to travel throughout the assigned territory.