For certain reasons, not all of our vacancies are openly advertised and therefore please contact us directly to enquire about our current opportunities. Furthermore, if you do not see a suitable role for yourself, please get in touch as we are happy to discuss a proactive approach and if appropriate, speak to carefully selected clients on your behalf to assess if they have relevant openings.
AREAS OF ASSIGNMENT:
Location: Home Office, Germany
Our client is an established and innovative manufacturer of customer-specific soft thermoplastic compounds for the plastics industry. With more than 50 locations worldwide, they have local roots, but operate globally and occupy an important position within the soft thermoplastic compounding sector. The company offers individual material solutions and the best service for their customers. The corporate culture is characterized by the high esteem and independence of all employees as well as a collegial management style.
• Responsibility for the development of new business activities at OEM’s and system suppliers in the DACH region.
• Active customer acquisition as well as identification and development of new business relationships.
• Technical and commercial management of new projects up to handover to sales.
• Responsibility for sales and earnings figures to expand market shares and achievement of corporate goals.
• Observation and reporting of economic conditions in the market environment as well as industry trends, competition and legislation.
• Implementation of company’s segment strategies by opening up new business opportunities.
• Support with marketing campaigns, e.g. for the introduction of new products in cooperation with product management.
• Participation in workshops, trade fairs, conferences to keep up to date with changes in the industry.
• Technical studies or comparable training with several years of professional experience.
• 3 to 5 years of professional experience in sales / business development in the plastics segment, preferably in the thermoplastic elastomers segment.
• Market knowledge in the electrical & electronics (E&E), construction & window industry, consumer industry, film and profile extrusion an advantage.
• Comprehensive branch network in the plastics processing industry.
• Good knowledge of all common MS Office programs.
• Fluent German and English language skills, spoken and written.
• Initiative, structured work and a high level of commitment.
• Goal orientation, negotiation skills and the ability to work in a team.
• Confident and obliging demeanor.
• Willingness to travel.
• A pleasant working environment and working atmosphere in a friendly team.
• Comprehensive training.
• A performance-based remuneration.
• Vacation and Christmas bonuses.
• Attractive social benefits.
• Work from home or office possible.
• Company vehicle (also for private use).
Our client is a privately-owned group of companies engaged in both distribution and manufacture of chemical materials with an international sales network covering Europe, North America and Asia Pacific. The company has achieved a substantial revenue increase as a result of organic growth and acquisitions, reaching global sales of circa €721 Million in 2020 with around 975 employees.
• Part of the external Sales Team.
• Responsible for defined group of customers, including further business development.
• Solution orientated Sales (value added sales / Consultant) with regards to product application and technical solutions of customer requirements.
• Sales of company’s product portfolio with applications within the Food & Feed industry.
• Profitable growth of customers responsible for.
• Decision on price based on Cost-price from Product Manager.
• Customer visits.
• Direct Sales.
• Customer Portfolio Management (Costs / Benefit, Potential Analysis).
• Gaining new customers by region.
• Gaining new customers by application.
• Active Sales of product portfolio to customers responsible for.
• Set up contacts, prospective and existing customers in CRM system.
• Creation and follow-up of quotations (including calculation, relevant datasheets).
• Communication with customers regarding price and product changes, inquiries.
• Annual planning and strategy for own area responsible for in collaboration with Managing Director.
• Maintenance and extension of existing customer relationships (visits, calls, mails etc.).
• Consistent approach to new contacts in the marketplace and acquisition of those.
• Update Customer Demand planning in collaboration with SCS.
• Independent travel arrangements to customers.
• Consistent maintenance of CRM system: Contacts, Visit reports, Classification (A,B,C), etc.
• Regular evaluation and assessment of customers in CRM and BI.
• Price decision and if applicable post calculation.
• Close collaboration with Customer Service.
• Close collaboration with Product Manager with regards to Pricing, Quantity and Quality.
• Follow-up on Samples and Quotations.
• Customer contact in case of late payments and payment reminders.
• Regular observation and valuation of the marketplace and competitors.
• Continuous extension of specific Industry knowledge (Literature, Exhibitions, Associations, Networks).
• Continuous adoption of product and application knowledge with support of Product Management.
• Support Product Manager actively for supplier reporting and frame contract negotiations.
• Price Management (calculation and change of pricing, sales conditions etc.).
• Permanent reflection and enhancement of procedures, tools and personal abilities.
KPI’s / Objectives:
• Operational Result within the country.
• Profit / Margin Contribution from assigned Customers.
• Customer satisfaction.
• Quality of customers (Profitability, Growth etc.).
• Commercial or technical / chemical education.
• Food & Feed Markets and Product Knowledge.
• Sales experience in the field.
• Development of relationships (soft skills).
• Sales skills.
• Entrepreneurial Spirit and Behaviour.
• Negotiations and Communication skills.
• Self-confident manner.
• Persistence / Stamina.
• Knowledge of competitors (national, international).
AREAS OF ASSIGNMENT:
For further details or for an initial confidential telephone discussion please contact
Peter Smukowski on 0044 1789 266 660 / 0044 7718 346 204 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org