For certain reasons, not all of our vacancies are openly advertised and therefore please contact us directly to enquire about our current opportunities. Furthermore, if you do not see a suitable role for yourself, please get in touch as we are happy to discuss a proactive approach and if appropriate, speak to carefully selected clients on your behalf to assess if they have relevant openings.
Our client is a globally operating trading and distribution company, active on all continents, with headquarters in Hamburg, Germany. In close collaboration with leading international manufactures, the company offers a broad and comprehensive portfolio of chemicals and natural raw materials. The success of the company is based on excellent, long-term partnerships with customers and suppliers.
Our client is seeking to recruit an ambitious, structured and persistent Sales Manager, to form the basis for further expansion in Poland. This is a unique opportunity for the right person to become an instrumental part of expansion strategy within Central Eastern Europe and to join a dynamic team with ambitious goals and an exceptional growth rate achieved in the last few years.
• Responsible for existing customer accounts in defined regional territory and markets.
• Responsible for growth of customer base through winning of new customers.
• Solution orientated sales of products to meet individual customer requirements.
• Sales of company’s product portfolio to customers.
• Profitable growth of customers.
• Regular Customer visits in line with agreed KPI’s.
• Customer Portfolio Management (Costs/Benefit, Potential Analysis).
• Reporting to Head of Sales on agreed performance objectives.
• Close collaboration with Product Manager to increase sales of products in line with strategic objectives.
• Gaining new customers in the agreed territory.
• Sales of defined product combinations to defined markets.
• Active Sales of product portfolio to customers.
• Set up and management of customer information within CRM system.
• Creation and follow-up of quotations.
• Communication with customers regarding price and product changes, inquiries.
• Monthly customer visit planning in collaboration with Head of Sales.
• Maintenance and extension of existing customer relationships (visits, calls, mails etc.).
• Update Customer Demand planning in collaboration with Supply Chain Manager.
• Independent travel arrangements to customers.
• Consistent maintenance of CRM system: Contacts, Visit reports, Classification (A,B,C), etc.
• Regular evaluation and assessment of customers using CRM and Cognos business information tool.
• Price decision for customer accounts in line with business’ strategic objectives.
• Close collaboration with Customer Service Executives with regards to operational issues (payment, orders, deliveries, logistics etc).
• Close collaboration with Product Manager and Supply chain manager with regards to commercial, supply and technical issues.
• Follow-up on Samples and Quotations.
• Customer contact in case of late payments and payment reminders.
• Regular observation and valuation of the market place and competitors.
• Continuous extension of specific Industry knowledge (Literature, Exhibitions, Associations, Networks).
• Continuous adoption of product and application knowledge with support of Product Management.
• Support Product Manager actively for supplier reporting and frame contract negotiations.
• Price Management (calculation and change of pricing, sales conditions etc.).
• Permanent reflection and enhancement of procedures, tools and personal abilities.
• Excellent communication skills at all levels with colleagues, customers and principals.
• Understanding of Building, Paints, Coatings markets.
• Chemical raw material technical knowledge is advantageous.
• Home based typically visiting customers predominately in Poland and surrounding neighbourhood countries 3 days per week.
• Minimum of 3 years field sales experience.
• Proven track record in developing and maintaining customer relationships.
• Sales negotiation experience.
• Self-motivation, Entrepreneurial spirit and behaviour.
• Computer literacy (Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook).