Under the supervision of the Regional Sales Manager, the Sales Executive is responsible for allowing the organisation to meet business targets that has been set by the headquarters. Incumbent will develop and implement sales plans designed to accomplish the goals established for the region by corporate management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Regional Sales Manager with formulating the annual sales budget for designated territory and action plans that will result in the achievement of the territory objectives.
- Work closely with Customer Service, Technical Service and all pertinent personnel to ensure that the business plans of the territory are implemented and executed.
- Coordinate activities of Customer Service, Technical Service and all pertinent personnel to ensure that the overall handling of the customer’s needs is competitive and timely.
- Know customer products and process capabilities, key contact, previous sales results and products purchased for all accounts in the territory.
- Work closely with technical and manufacturing to identify requirements and recommend changes needed to better service accounts.
- Explore niche opportunities to grow the business.
- Update computer database (CRM) and effectively communicate progress.
- Accurately and timely completion of administrative duties, which include weekly call reports, expense reports, update personal records.
- Advise Regional Manager of industry trends, current resin pricing, competitive activity and all other pertinent intelligence.
- Review all product returns and/or rejections by customers and determine reasons for the return and give accordingly recommendations to the Regional Manager.
- Apply pricing policies established by the Regional Manager and maintain special pricing within these guidelines according to product, quantity and customer considerations.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
SCOPE OF POSITION AND EVALUATION CRITERIA:
- At least a Scientist Bachelor + 3 to 5 years in Business, Chemistry, Physics or Engineering.
- At least 2 years’ experience in the Plastic’s Market (Masterbatch / Plastics Distribution).
- Strong interpersonal, communication, follow-up and organizational skills.
- Leadership qualities.
- Good technical and product knowledge.
- Master of various selling technique.
- The Sales Executive maintains a strict confidentiality regarding the files and any other information related to the business.
- Sales Executive will work under the responsibility of the Regional Sales Manager regarding the expected cost.
- Authority to Act: is under the direction of the Regional Sales Manager.
- Internal: Regional Manager and Customer Service Representatives.
- External: Customers but has no authority to commit the organisation in any way, by signing contracts or otherwise. Sales Executive must present to the organisation potential clients who correspond to the profile set by the company.
- Supervision: Under the supervision of direction of the Regional Sales Manager.
Quality, Environment and Health & Safety:
The Quality, Environment and Health & Safety Policy is applicable to all those working for the organisation. Our activities can potentially have significant impacts on the safety, health and wellbeing of our workers, the community, and the environment, and must therefore be carefully managed. Every employee is committed to the effective implementation of this policy and agree to take reasonable care of their own & other people’s safety, ensure customer satisfaction and environmental welfare in equal measure, and report any issues, which contravene this policy.