The Sales Engineer is a field-based position responsible for working with OEM’s and processors to grow the sales of company’s range of engineered compounds.
- Manages current accounts within the sales territory. This includes developing account plans for the strategic accounts.
- Develops a prospecting plan within the territory which focuses on strategic customers or markets for the company.
- Identifies specific OEM’s in the territory, where the person can work to get their materials specified.
- Performs high level sales activity to include, but not limited to, leading technical sales presentations to current and potential customers, evaluating and prospecting sales leads, creating new sales strategies that target and position the company’s strategic products at targeted accounts, and communicating technical product development needs to management and engineering staff.
- Sets and achieves sales goals that align with assigned budgets and growth initiatives of the company.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Have effective communication and interpersonal skills for the ability to form and maintain long-term customer relationships.
- Have strong negotiation and technical presentation skills.
- Be self-directed; able to work independently and work within a team environment.
- Able to analyze and troubleshoot as problems or changes arise.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to utilize internal support as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree (business and/or technical degree preferred).
- Must be entrepreneurial and have a proven track record of sales or application development in the plastics industry.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft office products and the use of CRM systems.