Our client is a globally operating trading and distribution company, active on all continents, with headquarters in Hamburg, Germany. In close collaboration with leading international manufactures, the company offers a broad and comprehensive portfolio of chemicals and natural raw materials. The success of the company is based on excellent, long-term partnerships with customers and suppliers.
The company is seeking to recruit an ambitious, structured and persistent Technical Sales Manager (CASE), to form the basis for future expansion within Central-Eastern Europe. This is a unique opportunity for the right person to become an instrumental part of the CEE roll-out strategy and to join a dynamic team with ambitious goals and an exceptional growth rate achieved in the last two years.
The company has been operating for over 100 years, yet their CEE representative office is a very young company in the region. While already achieving a steady and healthy growth record, this endeavour continues to create virtually unlimited opportunities for an accelerated career progression with a tangible prospect of becoming a member of the local management structures.
- Sales force.
- Responsible for defined group of customers, including gaining new customers.
- Solution orientated Sales (value added sales / Consultant) with regards to product application and technical solutions of customer requirements.
- Sales of company’s product portfolio with applications predominantly within the CASE industries (Coatings, Adhesives, Sealants, Elastomers).
- Profitable growth of customers responsible for.
- Decision on price based on Cost-price from Product Manager.
- Customer visits.
- Direct Sales.
- Customer Portfolio Management (Costs/Benefit, Potential Analysis).
- Gaining new customers by region.
- Gaining new customers by application.
- Active Sales of product portfolio to customers responsible for.
- Set up contacts, prospective customers and customer in CRM system.
- Creation and follow-up of quotations (including calculation, relevant datasheets).
- Communication with customers regarding price and product changes, inquiries.
- Annual planning and strategy for own area responsible for in collaboration with Managing Director.
- Maintenance and extension of existing customer relationships (visits, calls, mails etc.).
- Consistent approach to new contacts in the market place and acquisition of those.
- Update Customer Demand planning in collaboration with SCS.
- Independent travel arrangements to customers.
- Consistent maintenance of CRM system: Contacts, Visit reports, Classification (A,B,C), etc.
- Regular evaluation and assessment of customers in CRM and BI.
- Price decision and if applicable post calculation.
- Close collaboration with Customer Service.
- Close collaboration with Product Manager with regards to Pricing, Quantity and Quality.
- Follow-up on Samples and Quotations.
- Customer contact in case of late payments and payment reminders.
- Regular observation and valuation of the market place and competitors.
- Continuous extension of specific Industry knowledge (Literature, Exhibitions, Associations, Networks).
- Continuous adoption of product and application knowledge with support of Product Management.
- Support Product Manager actively for supplier reporting and frame contract negotiations.
- Price Management (calculation and change of pricing, sales conditions etc.).
- Permanent reflection and enhancement of procedures, tools and personal abilities.
KPI’s / Objectives:
- Operational Result within the country.
- Profit / Margin Contribution from assigned Customers.
- Customer satisfaction.
- Quality of customers (Profitability, Growth etc.).
- Commercial or technical / chemical education.
- Coatings, Adhesives, Sealants, Elastomers Market and Product Knowledge.
- Sales experience in the field.
- Development of relationships (soft skills).
- Sales skills.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit and Behaviour.
- Negotiations and Communication skills.
- Self-confident manner.
- Persistence / Stamina.
- Knowledge of competitors (national, international).