Our client is a multinational Masterbatch leader with multiple manufacturing sites located across the globe. The company offers a broad range of color, black, white and specialty additive Masterbatch for all relevant plastic processing methods.
Responsible for direct customer contact and developing and implementing sales plans and strategies to meet sales goals. Activities include developing and maintaining effective relationships with corporate partners, attending to the unique needs and interests of these clients, preparing sales plans for them and making recommendations for improvements, and generating new clients to grow company revenue.
• Assist the Regional Sales Manager Northern Europe with formulating the annual sales budget for designated territory and action plans that will result in the achievement of the territory objectives.
• Work closely with Customer Service, Technical Service and all pertinent personnel to ensure that the business plans of the territory are implemented and executed.
• Coordinate activities of Customer Service, Technical Service and all pertinent company’s personnel to ensure that the overall handling of the customer’s needs is competitive and timely.
• Know customer products and process capabilities, key contact, previous sales results and products purchased for all accounts in the territory to allow value-added selling.
• Work closely with technical and manufacturing departments to identify requirements and recommend changes needed to better service accounts.
• Explore niche opportunities to grow the business.
• Update computer database (CRM) and effectively communicate progress.
• Accurately and timely completion of administrative duties which include: weekly call reports, expense reports, update personal records, update four-week sales call itinerary, and weekly status report.
• Advise Regional Sales Manager of industry trends, current resin pricing, competitive activity and all other pertinent intelligence.
• Review all product returns and / or rejections by customers and determine reasons for the return and give accordingly recommendations to the Regional Sales Manager Northern Europe.
• Apply pricing policies established by the Sales Management and maintain special pricing within these guidelines according to product, quantity and customer considerations.
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
Scope of position:
Education / Experience:
• Bachelor / Master’s degree or equivalent experience.
• At least 5 years’ experience in the Plastic’s Market (Masterbatch / Plastics Distribution).
Hard & Soft Skills:
• Strong interpersonal, communication, follow-up and organizational skills.
• Good technical and product knowledge.
• Master of various selling techniques.
• The Sales Executive maintains a strict confidentiality regarding the files and any other information related to the business.
• The Sales Executive has the ability to significantly increase / decrease the territory base.
• Positive impact can be felt by the application of management skills to expand territory revenues beyond current goals. Negative impact can lose market share by miss-applications or poor judgments in managing the accounts in the territory.