Scope and objectives:
- The main objective is to prospect and develop new business by enlarging the customer base within Czech Republic and Slovakia, but also in surrounding countries of Central Eastern Europe.
- Work closely with the European sites, mainly with the sales and technical team in Germany, especially on projects which may require new formulations development.
- Collate relevant data in terms of companies’ materials usage and using it to prepare, propose and implement the best strategy to acquire new business.
- Identify and pursue opportunities for increasing volume of sales at existing clients within the region.
- Seek prospects for project-based business involving re-formulation or new formula development to create long-lasting business relationships.
- Establish and continuously expand a relevant business network with local scientific institutions, publishers, universities, associations with a view of becoming a preferred supplier of thermoplastic elastomer solutions within the region.
- Attend trade fairs, conferences, and other relevant industry events to increase visibility of the company and improve brand awareness.
- Collate and share internally market data, which may help with increase of revenues through distribution channels.
- Targeted applications for the company’s products are very diversified and include industry sectors such as Automotive, Household, Appliances, E&E, Consumer Goods, Construction, General Industries.
- Frequent interaction with the Sales Manager and reporting on progress achieved.
- Frequent interaction with the sales organization, including the regional Business-Developer and the Automotive team.
Profile of the candidate:
- The candidate must be self-driven and able to handle complex situations. Most of all, he/she must be able to create an appropriate relationship level with customers and prospects as well as internally with the focus of closing new business.
- He/she must have experience in the plastic industry, preferably selling TPE or technical compounds from a compounder.
- He/she must speak fluently English and native Czech/Slovak. German language is an advantage.
- Extensive travel within the territory as well as to Germany
- A degree qualified person, preferably in materials science or polymer technology / processing.
- High level of emotional intelligence and empathy, able to relate well to people operating at various level of seniority.
- Decision-making maturity with a high level of perseverance and patience.