A knowledgeable recruitment professional with several years of experience solely within the Plastics Industry, having successfully managed single and multiple assignments for highly demanding functions across Europe, the Middle East, Asia, South America and North Africa.
Extensive knowledge of the Raw Material Sector, demonstrating an impressive track record of recruiting for a range of well-recognised organisations in the Polymer Sector.
Key duties and responsibilities:
• Design and development of company’s plastic products for new markets and applications.
• Technical project management with current customers and demonstrates commitment to prospecting and new business development.
• Employs a consultative sales approach that focuses on building a long term, value-based relationship with accounts, penetrating them for further business and increasing the margin they create while reducing the time and costs in handling them.
• Improve company’s position within each corporate and non-corporate account using consultative and in-depth selling at all levels within the account.
• Provide customer technical support and consultant services to increase our overall value to the customer.
• Market research and benchmarking: procuring information, details and trends needed to optimize existing products and plan new products with regard to new trendsetting materials and applications.
• Maintenance and preparation of monthly and quarterly price formulas including forecast of sales volumes.
• Solve problems for clients and customers by developing innovative and tailored sales solutions.
• Focus on customer retention and improving overall customer satisfaction.
• Experience as an engineer in application development or in technical marketing/sales.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop strong, successful business relationships with customers as well as internal teammates.
• Proven ability to nurture an extensive network of contacts.
• Well-honed listening skills and a problem-solving demeanor to uncover needs and motivations to overcome objections in order to close a sale.
• Strong eye for business and time management, including an understanding of the business relationship between manufacturers, distributors and end-users of chemical products and services.
• Excellent English and digital literacy including MS Office Suite and Enterprise Resource Planning Systems (i.e. SAP).
The company specialises in the distribution of plastics and chemical products.
•Prospecting for new clients and development of our existing clientele.
•Develop and increase sales volumes of engineering plastics and commodities.
•Development of the local Distribution in your area.
•Management of trading operations.
•Develop and implement sales strategies for selected targets and pro-actively contribute to business development activities.
•Determine the conditions of purchase and sale of Engineering Plastic products and Commodities sold by our company.
•Monitoring and supervision of the logistical processing of sales and supply orders from suppliers with the help from assistants’ team.
•Follow-up of litigations files in case of any claim to recover by all legal means the full amount of our claim.
•Recovery of invoices related to the commercial transactions you deal with.
•And any other tasks assigned to you by your manager.
•Knowledge and Skills of Products and Processes associated with the plastics industry.
•Problem solving and decision making.
•Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
•Planning, organisation, and flexibility skills.
•Computer skills: advanced level: Experience in using ERP Systems.
•Fluent English, knowledge of an additional language would be advantageous.
•A Bachelor’s degree minimum or a master’s degree in International Trade.
•Professional experience: minimum 5 years in related positions.
Location: Region Parisienne ou Oyonnax, France
Notre client est une entreprise spécialisée dans la distribution de produits plastiques et chimiques.
MISSIONS GENERALES DE LA FONCTION:
Rattaché à un ou plusieurs Global Product Manager (Plastiques Techniques), il / elle est un véritable relais au quotidien, son rôle est d’acheter les produits (des Plastiques Techniques) que l’entreprise commercialise auprès de ses fournisseurs et de développer une stratégie commerciale pour la vente des produits sur un périmètre national et international.
TACHES A ASSURER:
•Manager la relation avec les producteurs:
-Conduire la politique de négociation des achats de matières Plastiques Techniques avec les producteurs existants.
-Prospecter et développer de nouveaux partenariats avec des producteurs.
-Négocier les prix et les quantités pour le Groupe.
•Définir la stratégie commerciale auprès des forces de vente du Groupe et vous assurez de sa bonne mise en application.
•Être l’interlocuteur privilégié en interne et en externe concernant les familles de produits des Plastiques Techniques dont vous avez la charge.
•Des déplacements réguliers en Europe sont à prévoir.
PRINCIPAUX CRITERES D’APPRECIATION / QUALITES REQUISES:
•Maitrise des outils bureautiques et informatiques.
•Connaissance du commerce international.
•Connaissance des produits (des plastiques techniques) / des polymères.
FORMATION / EXPERIENCE PROFESSIONNELLE REQUISE:
•Anglais courant, connaissance d’espagnol ou de portugais serai un plus.
•Formation initiale: Bac +2/+3 en commerce ou achat internationale.
•Expérience professionnelle: minimum 3 ans.
•Liaisons hiérarchiques: dépend du ou des GPM auxquelles il / elle est rattaché (e).
•Remplacement en cas d’absénce: Global Product Manager (des Plastiques Techniques).
Under the supervision of the Regional Sales Manager, the Sales Executive is responsible for allowing the organisation to meet business targets that has been set by the headquarters. Incumbent will develop and implement sales plans designed to accomplish the goals established for the region by corporate management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
SCOPE OF POSITION AND EVALUATION CRITERIA:
Quality, Environment and Health & Safety:
The Quality, Environment and Health & Safety Policy is applicable to all those working for the organisation. Our activities can potentially have significant impacts on the safety, health and wellbeing of our workers, the community, and the environment, and must therefore be carefully managed. Every employee is committed to the effective implementation of this policy and agree to take reasonable care of their own & other people’s safety, ensure customer satisfaction and environmental welfare in equal measure, and report any issues, which contravene this policy.
Our client is an established and innovative manufacturer of customer-specific soft thermoplastic compounds and color masterbatches for the plastics industry. The company offers individual material solutions and the best service for customers. Their corporate culture is characterized by the high esteem and independence of all employees as well as a collegial management style.
• Collaboration on innovative developments of TPE compounds from laboratory scale to production.
• Planning, management and technical support of customer development projects.
• Close collaboration with the areas of analytics, purchasing, production, product safety, quality and distribution.
• Independent planning, implementation, assessment and documentation of laboratory work.
• Accompaniment of initial material trials and problem solving in the area of injection molding and extrusion with customers.
• Collaboration with existing and new raw material suppliers.
• Selection and analysis of new raw materials for TPE compounds.
• Completed studies in the fields of plastics or process engineering or similar. Alternatively, completed technical training with further job experience to become a technician or engineer with several years of professional experience in the field of plastics processing.
• Plastics extrusion and/or injection molding experience.
• Experience in plastic compounding, ideally thermoplastic elastomers, would be an advantage.
• Ability to work independently, strong communication skills and a strong sense of responsibility.
• Fluency in written and spoken German and English.
• Willingness to visit customers in Germany and other European countries.
AREAS OF ASSIGNMENT:
Location: Home Office, Germany
Our client is an established and innovative manufacturer of customer-specific soft thermoplastic compounds for the plastics industry. With more than 50 locations worldwide, they have local roots, but operate globally and occupy an important position within the soft thermoplastic compounding sector. The company offers individual material solutions and the best service for their customers. The corporate culture is characterized by the high esteem and independence of all employees as well as a collegial management style.
• Responsibility for the development of new business activities at OEM’s and system suppliers in the DACH region.
• Active customer acquisition as well as identification and development of new business relationships.
• Technical and commercial management of new projects up to handover to sales.
• Responsibility for sales and earnings figures to expand market shares and achievement of corporate goals.
• Observation and reporting of economic conditions in the market environment as well as industry trends, competition and legislation.
• Implementation of company’s segment strategies by opening up new business opportunities.
• Support with marketing campaigns, e.g. for the introduction of new products in cooperation with product management.
• Participation in workshops, trade fairs, conferences to keep up to date with changes in the industry.
• Technical studies or comparable training with several years of professional experience.
• 3 to 5 years of professional experience in sales / business development in the plastics segment, preferably in the thermoplastic elastomers segment.
• Market knowledge in the electrical & electronics (E&E), construction & window industry, consumer industry, film and profile extrusion an advantage.
• Comprehensive branch network in the plastics processing industry.
• Good knowledge of all common MS Office programs.
• Fluent German and English language skills, spoken and written.
• Initiative, structured work and a high level of commitment.
• Goal orientation, negotiation skills and the ability to work in a team.
• Confident and obliging demeanor.
• Willingness to travel.
• A pleasant working environment and working atmosphere in a friendly team.
• Comprehensive training.
• A performance-based remuneration.
• Vacation and Christmas bonuses.
• Attractive social benefits.
• Work from home or office possible.
• Company vehicle (also for private use).
Our client is a privately-owned group of companies engaged in both distribution and manufacture of chemical materials with an international sales network covering Europe, North America and Asia Pacific. The company has achieved a substantial revenue increase as a result of organic growth and acquisitions, reaching global sales of circa €721 Million in 2020 with around 975 employees.
• Part of the external Sales Team.
• Responsible for defined group of customers, including further business development.
• Solution orientated Sales (value added sales / Consultant) with regards to product application and technical solutions of customer requirements.
• Sales of company’s product portfolio with applications within the Food & Feed industry.
• Profitable growth of customers responsible for.
• Decision on price based on Cost-price from Product Manager.
• Customer visits.
• Direct Sales.
• Customer Portfolio Management (Costs / Benefit, Potential Analysis).
• Gaining new customers by region.
• Gaining new customers by application.
• Active Sales of product portfolio to customers responsible for.
• Set up contacts, prospective and existing customers in CRM system.
• Creation and follow-up of quotations (including calculation, relevant datasheets).
• Communication with customers regarding price and product changes, inquiries.
• Annual planning and strategy for own area responsible for in collaboration with Managing Director.
• Maintenance and extension of existing customer relationships (visits, calls, mails etc.).
• Consistent approach to new contacts in the marketplace and acquisition of those.
• Update Customer Demand planning in collaboration with SCS.
• Independent travel arrangements to customers.
• Consistent maintenance of CRM system: Contacts, Visit reports, Classification (A,B,C), etc.
• Regular evaluation and assessment of customers in CRM and BI.
• Price decision and if applicable post calculation.
• Close collaboration with Customer Service.
• Close collaboration with Product Manager with regards to Pricing, Quantity and Quality.
• Follow-up on Samples and Quotations.
• Customer contact in case of late payments and payment reminders.
• Regular observation and valuation of the marketplace and competitors.
• Continuous extension of specific Industry knowledge (Literature, Exhibitions, Associations, Networks).
• Continuous adoption of product and application knowledge with support of Product Management.
• Support Product Manager actively for supplier reporting and frame contract negotiations.
• Price Management (calculation and change of pricing, sales conditions etc.).
• Permanent reflection and enhancement of procedures, tools and personal abilities.
KPI’s / Objectives:
• Operational Result within the country.
• Profit / Margin Contribution from assigned Customers.
• Customer satisfaction.
• Quality of customers (Profitability, Growth etc.).
• Commercial or technical / chemical education.
• Food & Feed Markets and Product Knowledge.
• Sales experience in the field.
• Development of relationships (soft skills).
• Sales skills.
• Entrepreneurial Spirit and Behaviour.
• Negotiations and Communication skills.
• Self-confident manner.
• Persistence / Stamina.
• Knowledge of competitors (national, international).
The Application Development & Technical Service Engineer is a field based technical resource and project manager with high level of plastic material process experience. They are responsible for the selection of the proper engineered thermoplastic compound to meet the requirements of our customer’s application. They are also responsible for supporting customers with mould and part design, troubleshooting of any processing issues at the customer and conducting moulding trials for new applications. The Application Development & Technical Service Engineer is the point person to manage the investigation and document any material issues back to the appropriate departments / manufacturing sites. This is a position that requires a significant amount of interaction with customers, Sales Engineers and Product Development Engineers. This position requires frequent travel to visit customers. Prior experience in thermoplastic compound product development and/or sales is desirable. This position will report directly to the European R&D Manager.
Responsible for ensuring the effective management of development projects within the assigned sales territory.
Engages with Product and Market teams on the introduction of new technologies and deployment of new technologies to customers and potential customers.
Understands the critical material and design requirements needed for plastic to perform successfully in the intended application.
Ability to interpret material specifications and part drawings and make recommendations for gating, venting, wall thickness and other design criteria to develop a final production plastic part.
Interpret product data sheets and translate information to part performance.
Support the Sales Engineers by traveling with them to support activities at customer locations and to conduct moulding trials for new applications and sampling. This also includes trouble shooting existing customer parts when issues arise.
Field and respond to telephone calls and e-mails from customers, Sales Engineers and Product Development Engineers.
Participate in technical reviews, presentations and process trials at customer facilities.
Consult with co-workers and other experts within the industry to facilitate RTPs’ ability to provide our customers with the best total solution for their application.
Must possess good communication and presentation skills.
Individual must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
Individual must stay informed of developing technologies and intellectual property relating to engineered thermoplastic compounds.
Bachelor’s degree in related Science or Engineering field or an equivalent combination of training and work-related experience required.
Minimum of 5 years related working experience is required.
Strong organizational skills, familiarity with plastic part design and manufacturing.
Practical and common-sense approach to processing/manufacturing required.
Experience with a wide range of thermoplastic polymer properties and processing. This role focuses on the injection moulding process but experience with blow moulding and extrusion process is a plus.
Must be able to conduct and summarize impartial and non-biased investigations.
Must have a comfort level working in a fast-paced Sales and Technical environment.
Must possess excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
Must be proficient with Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook.
Excellent problem-solving skills.
Strong work ethic.
Works well with others.
Ability to read, write and speak English and Polish; German language would be a strong asset.
Physical / Environmental Demands:
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand for long periods of time. Specific vision abilities may require close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The individual must be willing and able to frequently travel.
AREAS OF ASSIGNMENT: